The market is full of VPN providers but there are not so many options for those who need to install it on Kodi. You can pick a great service for the daily online browsing but getting the app for your streaming device can turn out to be much harder than expected. Let’s go over the top providers that manage to keep up and provide high-quality services to Kodi users.
Why can’t all VPN work on Kodi?
This device has certain peculiarities that make it hard for some companies to deliver the services. Initially, it happens because most VPNs cut down the speed. It means your content will keep buffering or crashing. This will only bring irritation and bad reviews. So, some companies simply don’t offer anything for Kodi.
Furthermore, the provider must support Smart TV’s Android version. Most providers stick the most used platforms like Windows, Mac OS, etc.
Finally, unlike the similar apps which you can run with one click on your smartphone or laptop, the installation on Kodi, Google Nexus Player or Raspberry PI is much more complicated. A user needs a step-by-step guide on how to do it properly.
2 most reliable companies you should choose from
ExpressVPN and NordVPN are the only companies that keep up with the requirements and manage to deliver high-quality services to every user. Mind that while some companies advertise they work on Kodi, it’s not always true. In order to save your time, your best options are right in front of you.
ExpressVPN is by far the most popular choice for all devices, platforms, and goals. It has all possible VPN advantages that a user might need. Since it works on the P2R protocol, you can also download torrents. The protocol is great for Kodi users, too. The company also offers some other protocol options like OpenVPN but in order to maintain great speeds on your streaming device, you should keep using P2P.
When subscribing to this VPN, you’ll immediately benefit from its strong sides:
- It can cover multiple devices from one account. This means you can actually save money by getting one reliable provider and use it on everything.
- The provider works with most major operating platforms like Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, etc. You can install it on all smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs in the house.
- You are sure to get detailed instruction on how to add this app to Raspberry PI and use with Kodi.
- The interface is very simple and user-friendly. Even beginners will quickly learn how to use it.
- You’ll get a no-log policy, encryption, over 3000 servers, and even more perks as soon as you sign up.
On the other hand, NordVPN is equally good. It provides numerous features and can be installed on Kodi in one click. However, there is so much more to it. The rest of the advantages include:
- Access to over 5300 servers worldwide.
- You can use these servers from 60 countries in order to unlock any content that was restricted due to your location.
- This is one of the few providers that can access Netflix and other streaming apps.
- The support of P2P makes it possible to work with torrents and all Kodi add-ons.
- This company delivers great speeds and a high level of security.
- Anonymity is guaranteed as well as extra features like Ad Block, CyberSec, etc.
- It’s very affordable and can cover several devices simultaneously.